Miracles Come In Pairs
WE GOT AN ADOPTION MATCH!!!! WE GOT AN ADOPTION MATCH!!!!
That’s right folks, we now know who will be joining our family! And, much to our surprise, it’s not one little boy, like we were expecting…IT’S TWIN GIRLS!!!!!! I don’t think there are enough exclamation points to adequately convey the excitement here, people!!
Our girls are named Clairia and Parphine, and they just turned 2 last month! From the limited information we have, it seems they are both perfectly healthy. We aren’t sharing their faces online yet, but trust us they’re ADORABLE!
For those of you keeping track of our timeline (because I know there are gonna be waiting mommas reading this, and we all have to live vicariously through one another until that referral call comes!), here’s the lowdown:
- June 22, 2015 – We applied to our agency (All God’s Children International)
- November 2, 2015 – completed home study
- Dec 18, 2015 – USCIS I800A approval date
- Feb 15, 2016 – confirmation that dossier had been translated and submitted to Central Authority in Burundi
- July 25, 2016 – we got our referral!
We are expecting to travel to Burundi in about 8ish months to bring the girls home. That means we’ve got A LOT to do in 8 months to prepare for not one, but TWO little ones! We are totally overjoyed and are just praising God for His goodness!
Since we got the news, our life has been a whirlwind of telling family and friends, pinteresting nursery/playroom ideas, and filling out EVEN MORE PAPERWORK to accept our referral. I know, you didn’t think there could be any more paperwork. I thought we were done with that stage too, but no, the paper purgatory seemingly has no end.
So, how are some ways you can pray for/support us? Well I’m so glad you asked! Here are some specific prayer requests and ways you can help:
- Pray that God would supernaturally bond the 4 of us together even before we meet. Pray that the girls will have no difficulty attaching to us as their Mom and Dad!
- Pray the Lord keeps them safe and healthy while they’re away from us
- Pray for Blake and me as we have a few months to prepare to be parents to 2 toddlers!
- Go to https://bothhands.org/project/Allen-265 to make a tax-deductible donation to our adoption. With the addition of a second child, the fees have increased to make a total of about $50,000 to complete the adoption. We are trusting the Lord to make a way, but it’s not easy!
We look forward to sharing the rest of our journey with all of you! Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
Read our adoption story and why we felt God calling us to adopt.
Check out other blog posts about Lindsay’s ministry and our adoption.
Read Lindsay’s testimony and learn about her work with World Orphans.
We were able to adopt debt free thanks to the help of this resource.